The recently closed Deptford Don Pablos will have its valuable liquor license transferred to an affiliate of property owner Sobelco (who own the entire shopping center buildings including Target and BJ's). This is according to information in a Deptford Township Public notice. Well.. we had to do a little bit of digging to connect the dots! No info yet on what their long term plans are.
On Wednesday July 25th the Seven Star Diner in Deptford NJ suddenly closed for a temporary outage. Management put signs on the doors the next day saying “Electrical Problem”, and they also updated their website with a similar message. Admittedly it is a little surprising that 3 days later the diner is still closed, so I drove by at 6pm and saw an electrician truck on-site, and a new large piece of kitchen hardware on the loading dock. They also have a large generator running. presumably to keep food refrigerated?
I heard about this on Wednesday and initially chose to post a photo and brief comment to the facebook page only, thinking they would be opening soon. But the reader comments on that post have been a little crazy… and the fact that it looks like we are heading into 4 days closed… I decided to post.
While I haven’t had the ability to talk to an owner or manager directly, here’s my take:
- Management says its an electrical problem and opening soon.
- Employees in social media say its an electrical problem and opening soon.
- The electrician truck at the diner says to me its an electrical problem and they are looking to open soon.
- The large piece of brand new kitchen hardware on the loading dock says to me its an electrical problem and they are looking to soon.
- The generator running out back says to me its an electrical problem and they want to keep the food safe, and they are looking to open soon.
To sum it up, based on the pieces of evidence I have… it appears to be an electrical problem and they are looking to open again soon.
Full disclosure: I live near the Seven Star Diner and the family LOVES the place. We are there multiple times a week! Looking forward to them opening back up soon!